The Laboratory of Experimental Economics (LABEX) offers the opportunity to undergraduate students interested in research to be part of its research projects interacting with its research team. The tasks that the students carry out are the following: literature reviews, database management, STATA training and other computer packages, preparation of latex documents, statistical and econometric analysis.
Working on the research projects, students have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge, improve their skills and strengthen their professional ethics. Each student is accompanied by a researcher-teacher in this training process that allows the application of the knowledge accumulated throughout university.
At the beginning of their professional practice, they are assigned an introductory reading of experimental and behavioral economics. Later, tasks are defined, which explain in detail what they must do. In order to accompany their training, their performance is monitored through regular meetings in which they have the opportunity to resolve any doubts about their work, and they are assigned new tasks based on the progress achieved. The daily work hours, as well as the meeting schedule, are coordinated with the students according to the time load of their subjects during the semester.
- PROJECT: STUDY OF THE CHARACTERIZATION OF NATIVE, INDIGENOUS AND MULTICULTURAL POPULATION AND THEIR EXPOSURE TO RISK- BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS (2020- )
Students:Fabiana Zenteno, Matías Iriarte, Sergio Villavicencio, Natalia Baldivieso, Roxana Torrez
- PROJECT: NUDGES FOR THE DEMAND OF ECOLOGICAL FOODS (2019-2020)
Students: Fabiana Zenteno, Sergio Villavicencio
- PROJECT: IS INTERPERSONAL TRUST DERIVED FROM FORMAL INSTITUTIONS OR FROM SOCIAL NORMS? (2019-2020)
Students: Abigail Paco, Bernardo Griffiths, Joel Pereira, Nicolás Revollo, Matías Iriarte, Sebastián Rondón.
- PROJECT: EFFECTS OF A DELAY ON THE RESULTS OF THE AUDITS AND OF HAVING AN INCREMENTAL PROBABILITY OF BEING AUDITED ON TAX COMPLIANCE (2018-2019)
Students: Fabricio Murillo, Ibhar Beramendi, Jorge Arzabe, Nicolás Maldonado
- PROJECT: LABORATORY EXPERIMENT ON THE CONSEQUENCES OF SCARCITY (2019)
Students: Fabricio Murillo, Ibhar Beramendi, Jorge Arzabe, Romina Terrazas
- PROJECT: BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS AND LOCAL TAXATION (2019)
Students: Matías Iriarte , Sara Santander